Save And Export Logo From Illustrator: The Easiest Way
In the past few articles, we have learned about the various processes of completing a logo. Today we will discuss the final step of the logo process, how to export a complete and final logo from Illustrator. Remember it the designs you create in Adobe Illustrator cannot be used as a logo or banner in your project. A design on any platform, like social media, own business website, etc, must be exported to its supported file format with supported resolution. And Adobe Illustrator has an option so that you can export the logo.
Today we will discuss how to export logos from Illustrator.
What will You Export?
First, you need to decide what you want to save, and it is not good to save a blank page in Illustrator; of course, you have to make a design first and then you can do it. And since we are discussing hand-drawn designs in various articles, today we will also discuss how to export a hand-drawn design. If you don’t know how to art a logo and how to turn a drawing into a logo, then our website has detailed articles on the subject, which you can read if you want.
How to save logo in Illustrator
Save the Logo As A Vector File
If you want to change your design at any time, you cannot change it with the exported logo because these files are raster files that cannot edit. If you want someone else to modify your design, you can give them the vector file, and they can modify the design. And so, you should have a vector file as a copy of your design. To save a vector file
- Select your design first
- Then go to the top left corner and click on “File.”
- Then click on “Save as” or press “Shift+ctrl+S” from your keyboard
- Now you will see a popup with the file formate
- Click on the drop-down menu and click on “(Adobe illustrator *.Ai)“
- And now select your targeted folder and click on “Save“
You are done. This way, you can save a logo in Illustrator with high resolution. You can check your vector AI file in the folder that you select. You can open it and edit it anytime using adobe illustrator.
Export Logo From Illustrator
Logos or any design we often see are exported; otherwise, they would not be usable. You can save a logo in various formats such as JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, and TIF. A design is used in different formats for different purposes. The interesting thing is that you can do it from Adobe Illustrator to whatever format you want. This process is applied to all formats. To export a logo
- Select your design
- And then click on “File.”
- You will see an option in the middle called “Export” Click or hover there
- Then click on “Export As.”
- Now you will see a popup that you need to select your destination folder and file formate
- Set your destination folder and click on the drop-down menu to select the format
- You can see different format files; select any one, for example, JPEG (.jpeg) or PNG (.png)
- And then click on “Export.”
- You will see a new popup window with a few quality settings. Change it with your wish and hit on the “OK” button.
And you are done! You can do it this way. Make sure you are saving your logo in high quality, and it will increase the resolution of your design.
Save a logo in Illustrator with transparent background
Transparent background means the design doesn’t have any background, and you can add a custom background by adding yourself at any time. This is a way to save logos as PNG in illustrator. And in this type of design, everyone can see the design only, and it looks good and eye caching.
Before you can save a transparent logo, you need to export it. And we have discussed it; select the PNG format when saving. Make sure you have selected the background color as transparent when you get a final popup.
Now you did it! You will have the transparent logo on your computer.
We have completed a few articles related to logo design. Now it’s your turn to make it happen. You can contact us any time to get help from us.